A selection of feedback from our Fb web site previous week:
On a tale about the bipartisan infrastructure deal including funding for the King Coal Highway and Coalfields Expressway assignments:
• Should have been accomplished back in 2010 — Kenneth P.
• [How] lengthy have they been doing work on completing the King Coal Freeway? By the time they start once again the compact segments now done will need extra get the job done — Michelle W.
• The powers that be in Charleston and Beckley do not want the King Coal Highway created. I will be shocked if it’s designed in its entirety — Dave B.
• Will under no circumstances see these roads in McDowell County in my lifetime! — Larkin R.
• All lies simply because the King Coal Freeway will by no means be completed as that would imply the close of West Virginia’s only significant “cash cow,” the West Virginia Turnpike — Larry T.
• What’s the point if no coal is coming out of those people counties? Potentially I’m lacking anything — Chuck W.
On a story about U.S. Senator Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., supporting the infrastructure offer:
• It’s staying held hostage dependent on two other payments. Don’t rely your chickens nevertheless — Paul D.
• Wonder what he gave away to get it … — Angela E.
• Ever puzzled just why so lots of Democrats are turning their backs on West Virginia? — Dwight F.
• What are they heading to do with the funds Trump despatched for all these streets? Mail it to China for more Achieve Of Operate? — Jerry C.
On a tale about 4 a lot more COVID-19 connected fatalities staying claimed in Mercer County, this time at an assisted residing facility:
• In all probability from unvaccinated people. Not everyone is heading to be truthful about regardless of whether they are or not. This is the precise cause to get vaccinated — Debra S.
• I would have imagined that absolutely everyone doing the job at these a spot and all those residing there would be demanded to be vaccinated — Linda H.
• I was in Mercer County previous week and was astonished at the remarks from persons refusing to get vaccinated. Most who are all around aged spouse and children customers frequently and do not take into account the likely implications — Terri O.
• If you didn’t get the COVID vaccine you’re susceptible — Duane S.
On a tale about the Independence from Faith foundation issuing a warning to Tazewell County faculties around a pre-activity prayer:
• There is no freedom aside from God. Only bondage and loss of life. Carry on to pray and throw ourselves in advance of the only sovereign — Keith S.
• They can pray but it can not be teacher or mentor lead. Separation of church and state is in our Structure due to the fact there are other religions other than Christian — Beth L.
• Thank God we have coaches who care for our youngsters. There is no other faculty all over like Graham Higher Faculty and I’m over and above grateful my boy or girl was apart of it! — Erin S.
• I would assume considering the fact that the prayer was initiated by players, the Wisconsin firm requires to get their ducks in a row prior to threatening our area college board — Rachelle P.
• But college personnel have no business enterprise primary prayers when they are on the clock and paid out by the taxpayers — Chuck A.
• Pupils can lead scholar prayer but older people (instructors/coaches) cannot be concerned. It is that uncomplicated and doesn’t seem to be much too really hard to realize — Bill S.
• Perhaps people today should really thoughts their enterprise. If they want to pray, permit them pray — Samantha B.
• Appreciate the Freedom from Faith foundation! They bought the unlawful Bible in the Educational institutions program canceled in Mercer. Separation of church and point out — Sean T.
• Who are they to inform folks what to do? They require to be shut down — Michael P.
On a story about California banning travel to West Virginia and four other states:
• Why? Bring about we have clean air and mountains and hardly no homeless on the streets? — Cindy S.
• That’s alright, we do not want the idiots right here anyway! — Larkin R.
• Great information for West Virginia — Kaye C.
• Who would like to go? This is really a very good joke! — Morgan G.
• Proud to be from West Virginia. Maintain the unlawful aliens there also remember to — Todd B.
• With any luck that idiot will be recalled shortly! — Larry T.